Confused about sewing with knits? What pattern to use? What stitches to use? How to hem your garment? This 4 week workshop covers everything you need to know, as well as what needles and the stitches to use, to ensure success with your projects. Included in the class fee is Jalie 2805 and a ball point needle.
The 4 weeks will include,
- Needle types
- Go over neckbands, binding (do samples on scraps and topstitching finishes for neckband optional)
- Hemming knits and hem options and stitching samples
- Cuffs and stitching cuff samples
- Different knit fabrics, what the weights mean, drape of fabric, etc.
- Stitches on a sewing machine for knits/option (use scraps to practice each stitch)
- Reading the pattern and choosing a size/measurements/grading between sizes/ease for knits (different than with woven and dependant on fit of pattern)
- Picking your size and tracing the pattern
You can bring your sewing machine or use one of ours, Please bring a walking foot/evenfeed foot and roller foot, if you have them. You will also need to puchase fabric and thread for the project after the first class.
Supplies to bring; Sewing kit including thread, fabric scissors, measuring tape, fabric marker, pins, pencil/pen, ruler, notebook.
Sewing experience is necessary. Please ensure you are able to make it to each class as there will be no makeups scheduled.