Spend three days learning about longarm quilting and ProStitcher-computerized quilting, on the 20” Amara, set up on a four-foot frame. 2 people per frame! If you have been on the fence about investing in a longarm, this is the event for you! Three days of learning will include: - Learning Longarm Machine Basics - Fast, Fun, Fabulous Free Motion - Hands-On Ruler Essentials - Introduction to Pro-Stitcher - Hands On. These classes are designed to help you learn more about longarming, or help you improve your current skill set if you are new and still learning! Sign up for one day or all 3. June 26 – 28, 2022. Seating is limited, so sign up early! There will be special event pricing on machines during this event and special pricing on accessories! Each day is 9:30 - 4:30. Lunch is provided. Free street parking.
Please click on Date & Time box, above Class Policies, to see the other dates. Price is per day.
Day 1 Sunday June 26 - Stand Up Longarm Quilting Basics - Does longarm quilting interest you, and you’d like to learn more about it? Or do you just want a review of longarm basics? Spend the whole day on the Amara and learn all the mysteries of longarm quilting. The Handi Quilter educator will explain the machine and frame elements and features, how to load a quilt, and vital facts about thread, needles and tension. Handi Quilter longarm and frame systems come in various sizes for every budget, are user-friendly because they are designed by a quilter, for quilters – just like you!
• Basic machine and frame elements and features
• Bobbins, tension, needles, and thread
• How to load a quilt onto a frame
• Quilting with Groovy Boards and pantographs
• Rulers, Micro Handles, and basic free motion
Day 2 Monday June 27 - Fun, Fast Fabulous FreeMotion - Quilters everywhere LOVE the excitement and fun, of free motion quilting – and it’s easier than you think! Create flowing designs by connecting simple design elements with continuous lines, traveling across the quilt or filling in a specific area. Learn how drawing and muscle memory contribute to beautiful free motion quilting, and how to create stunning designs.
• How to develop an inventory of free motion designs
• Proper scaling and spacing of design elements
• Edge to edge free motion quilting
• Adjusting your quilting path to create your own new designs
• Using Micro Handles for free-motion control
Ruler Essentials - If you love precision and consistency in your quilting designs, you will love using design rulers and templates! These handy tools assist in placing designs accurately and stitching them out precisely. Learn to handle rulers and templates safely with the ruler base and Sure Foot and how to achieve accuracy with the markings. The wide variety of Handi Quilter rulers will inspire you to new design heights.
• Handle rulers safely
• Understand and use ruler markings for precision and accuracy
• Use piecing lines and marking tools to build ruler design confidence
• Versa tool quilting: stitch-in-the-ditch, cross-hatch, piano keys, clamshells, and arcs
• Apply binding with the HQ VersaTool®
Day 3 Tuesday June 28 - Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come and try the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with a Pro-Stitcher. New owners – start here!
• Overview of support resources available on-line
• Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
• Fit a design to a block using Skew and Resize, XForm and Align
• Demonstration of the Pro-Stitcher Simulator
• Overview of Art & Stitch
Part 2 – Let’s Quilt
This class moves beginners from overview to quilting applications.
This class of quilting applications is an extension of Part 1 and addresses specific functions and basic techniques a quilter will use on a regular basis to finish quilts with the HQ Pro-Stitcher. Tips and shortcuts for using features of the program are included.
• What’s the difference between Reposition, Nudge and Drag and Drop?
• The many ways to describe an Area on your quilt
• Using Skew 1 vs Skew 2
• Set up, crop, wrap and advance edge-to-edge designs
• Quilt straight lines the easy way with Move and Channel Locks